Role: Configuration manager-Oracle ETPM
Duration: Long term
Location: Columbus, OH
Payment terms: Monthly invoice with 30 days net
- Developing and managing a product build and automated product deployment infrastructure for an agile project; applying the continuous integration process;
- Developing and managing a patch build infrastructure;
- Managing and enhancing a source control system;
- Introducing new technologies and techniques to improve CM processes and address pain points.
- Interacting with project teams and customer technical staff;
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Interfacing with the Software Configuration Management Center of Excellence
- 8 or more years’ experience as either a software engineer or system configuration analyst.
- Advanced ability to work with software build automation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor CM procedures and processes to work in an Agile project.
- Advanced understanding of J2EE, WebSphere, AIX, UNIX.
- Advanced understanding of relational databases.
- Demonstrated IT industry knowledge in the State and Local sector.
- Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management) processes and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of software development and project methodologies, to include Agile.
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles, to include COTS engagements.
- Understanding of project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of assigned goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in technical areas in order to properly manage complex configuration management environments.
- Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of CM best practices.
- Strong ability to ensure teams development efforts adhere to defined process.
- Advanced ability to review and approve CM technical decisions and technical design documents.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and follow escalation procedures
- Ability to lead software quality practices for development teams to include the application of best practices such as test-driven design, code reviews and automated static code quality checks.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Strong ability to listen to others, ask questions to learn from others; Is inclusive in communications with others, seeks to involve and collaborate with employees/ teams.
- Ability to interact with onsite customer support teams for both development and production problem resolution.
- Advance ability to collaborate effectively with the project manager to manage the technical efforts of medium to large projects as necessary.
- Builds high-trust relationships to improve cross-boundary collaboration related to overall project success (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
- Follows through on commitments to customers/partners; ensures deliverables are accurate and timely, meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to assess a technical problem and its impact. Identify the criticality; act as advocate working with concerned parties to resolve issues in a positive and timely manner and with appropriate resources.
- Understands customers’/partners’ needs from their business/industry perspective.
- Ability to embrace and lead change into the organization, helps team members understands the changes and their importance to the team and HP.
- Ability to contribute software configuration management input into change orders which may arise on the project
- Accepts new challenges and responsibilities to develop self, takes risks, learns from actions, learns continuously as a personal practice
- Demonstrates awareness of own development needs; seeks and accepts feedback from others; Takes personal responsibility for development (e.g. studies, reads, takes on more challenging assignments, asks questions) and applies learning to assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge in performing baseline verifications, readiness reviews, and has performed Configuration Management Audits.
- Demonstrates knowledge in gathering Configuration Management metrics, takes action for improvements based upon trends for corrective actions.
Thanks and Warm Regards,
Mohan | Optimal Business Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Voice: 301.710.6248 Ext:002 | Fax: 888.599.5824
11813 Macon street | Beltsville, MD 20705 | Website: www.optimalbg.com